- Dreaming with the Marketing People – Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
- Dakka Dakka and Tactical Arcade – Dawn of War II
- Of Anti-Puzzles and Campy-Acting – Zork: Grand Inquisitor
- Cover Taken, Robots Shot, Potential Wasted – Binary Domain
- I’ve Been Playing Peggle and I’m Only Slightly Ashamed of Myself.
- Di-baroom doom! Don't panic! What you hear is just the whir of the propellers of my dimension-hopping time machine.
Monthly Archives: March 2013
Super Hexagon is a very simple game for iThings, Androids and PCs. Super Hexagon is about a triangle that mustn’t collide with shapes or it’s game over. Super Hexagon doesn’t have a narrative. Learning to control Super Hexagon takes two … Continue reading
Rosa Blackwell had a number of powerful headaches one day. They grew stronger and stronger until a smart-ass ghost straight from the past jumped into her house through a window. Since then the literal headaches disappeared and figurative ones begun … Continue reading
I’m excited about comics at this minute, so bear with me as I gush and gush. Brian K. Vaughn (of Y: The Last man, Ex Machina, Runaways and Saga) and Marcos Martin (Spider-man and Daredevil) have teamed-up for a completely … Continue reading
I haven’t seen it until now, because the rule of game-to-movie adaptation inexplicably says it’s not worth it. They’ve all been average or worse, and in the case of Doom there isn’t even enough source material to create anything vaguely … Continue reading
I’m still in a horror-appreciation mode, so when I saw a free Japanese adventure game about a haunted house with monsters running rampant and a large basement filled with dread, I couldn’t say no. Haunted mansions are a really potent … Continue reading